29 January 2006

The bride wore black (again).

Yeah, so I got married yesterday. Frank and I have already been married for years, of course, but not in a church (i.e. not in The Church, as we're Catholic). So yesterday we got married at 10 am at awesome Saint Vincent in Akron. Before you ask, yes, it's the same Saint Vincent that's the parish for St. Vincent/St. Mary High School of St. LeBron James fame. We did not celebrate by playing basketball, however.

I meant to bring my camera, but of course I forgot. I did make sure to wear black, since I have always liked the idea of black at weddings. If I were the cake type I could order these cute and tasty looking (okay, that's a stretch) black marzipan flowers.

The only other things going on: a) piles of stuff on my to-do list, especially making my lame handwritten grade book pages, and b) impending big ultrasound on Friday to learn if I am having a he-baby or a she-baby. So far everyone seems to think it's a boy, but I'm sticking with pink until I know better. Pink and black: a great combination.

12 comments:

Byf said...

Congratulations on your second marriage!

You know, Laura Ingalls Wilder wore black at her wedding. Little goth on the prairie, I guess.

Penultimatina said...

Byf, now I feel even cooler. Thank you!

BTW, once again I'll qualify and say that my grade book is l-a-m-e, not handwritten on sheaths of gold lamé, which would be seriously cool, not dorky.

Justin Evans said...

Congratulations!

Don't worry about not playing basketball. It's not really a sport for thinkers. It took 9 years of organized play before they cut a hole in the peach basket so no one would have to climb the ladder to get the ball. Nine years! That's almost as long as a season today.

Julie said...

Now you can celebrate two anniversaries! Double the cake and champagne. Best wishes for you and your small one!

Nick said...

Congrats! My wife also has the notion of getting married again. She said, "We didn't get it right the first time around"...??? ;-)

Emily Lloyd said...

Mmm, congrats.

Suzanne said...

Congrats! I must admit I'm a little jealous--never did make it to the church wedding--at least now they won't make you feel totally bad every time you have a baptism, communion or confirmation. I hope whatever flavor that baby is is the flavor you crave. :-)

Gerald Huml said...

Congrats!

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Black wedding dress=hot

Penultimatina said...

Sheeit, now I'm going to have to scan pics of my original black wedding dress so that I can show you all.

Matthew Thorburn said...

Congratulations, Mary B!

Heather said...

Wow, Mary! That is great. Congratulations again. I can't wait to hear if you are having a he-baby or a she-baby.