26 June 2006

She resigns.

Two weeks after becoming a mother of two, and one week into my temporary stint as a stay at home mom, I have shrugged off half of my duties and enrolled Gabi in preschool three days a week. Really, we'll all be much happier this way.

Apparently I'm not quite as fun and creative in the playing-with-kiddo whilst fending off fatigue, changing numerous nappies, cooking and cleaning, making 40 ounces of milk daily, and oh yes, answering emails and reading and planning syllabi. I need help. Gabi, of course, is thrilled. I am hoping Ray adapts to the bjorn soon so I can satisfy his need to be held all of the time while also getting work done.

How come I totally forgot about all of this stuff? Is four years really enough time to totally brainwash a person?

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Well, most likely you've forgotten--I know I did--how fast those first six months go. It's SO much easier now that Em is 10 months. SO, SO much easier. Jack starts nursery school in September--I'm looking forward to my two mornings a week off. One baby napping, the other getting schooled. :-)

brandijay said...

Hey Mary, at least you recognize you need help and are asking for it... that's a huge thing in my book ;) Hang in there punkin!

Justin Evans said...

I have a feeling you are going to dominate all over tandem mohterhood. Keep it up!

poetzie said...

hail Mary, full of grace. You are doing a great job, I'm sure of it. The fact that you've even posted to your blog is amazing. Ditto Brandi- you know what you need to do. I'm glad you're doing it!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help from Chicago!

XOXO

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Just wait until the loons descend on your blog to call you a bad mother... :-)

Kathi said...

Scary! I'm frightened. And yet, now very happy and justified in my decision to keep Sam in school 4 days a week. HE insisted.

I think your doing great. At two weeks post partum, I believe I was laying on the floor crying, so your doing awesome!

Kathi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.