05 November 2018

Charleston gratitude and overdue update



I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologies for that. I feel some thoughts about writing coming on, so hope to return with more words soon. Confession: I have over 150 pages of new poetry that I have not fully revised or sequenced for a book or even printed out until now. I'll let you know how this turns out.


In the meantime, a million thanks to the College of Charleston MFA program and Crazyhorse literary journal for the lovely visit. We had a robust turnout for my poetry reading, as well as for the talk that I did regarding first books of poetry and publishing. What a gorgeous place to visit, too!

Now we’re heading into the final weeks of the semester, but the warm weather and delightful company surely did some good. Before we know it, we’ll be planning for AWP Portland, though I have a few student poems that need annotating before that happens.

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...