26 May 2006

Took the thoughts right out of my head and made them sound so much better.

Justin tells us about his origins as a writer, and now I want to revise my post. Here's one of my favorite quotes, and a link:

There was no doubt I was thinking, but I really wasn’t doing anything. I never liked school as a teenager, nor did I have any teachers who inspired me to be a poet. I was a walking shadow, and I suspect many of the other kids in my schools felt the same way. Well, I suspect that now. At the time, I was certain of so many things. For example, I was certain at the time, everyone else had it together and was so much cooler than me.

~Justin Evans, from Because I know you are too shy to ask yourself.

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...