10 October 2006

La Peste

Well golly, there's nothing like strep throat to give a hard workin' gal an unwanted vacation. Here I am at home with my gigantic red antibiotics, reading my cat's blog, and having a minor nervous breakdown about--you guessed it--getting everything done.

At least I'm really not all that tired, considering I spent much of the night consuming blue popsicles and attending to various juvenile requests.

24 hours until I'm not contagious. But what to do until then? If only I hadn't squandered my fevered insanity of Sunday evening on sleeping and complaining, instead of writing feverishly insane poems.

And no, it's not a case of praire fever, in case you wondered.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How 'bout next time you're not so stingy with the popsicles, huh?

Unknown said...

And here I thought you were writing poetry. At least reciting it. Like freestylin'.

Stephanie said...

The cat's blog is probably the best thing I've seen on the internet.... EVER.

marybid said...

I agree, Stephanie. Cats have just the right attitude to blog.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...