12 March 2010

Light at the end of the something.

When I leave here in 20 minutes I will be "on spring break." However, given the pile of work that will be accompanying me, and the fact that I will barely have childcare next week (though my daughter does have school, which will warrant the usual 5:20 am wake-up time), I think that calling it a break is really pushing it.

I'm also totally sick again. Back to back bugs. Maybe if I sacrifice some of the final remnants of snow in my yard, I will be able to have good health again.

But which pile to ignite? They're all disappearing. We have a lot of sticks and branches to pick up this week.

I'm looking forward to my un-break anyway. Had a spectacular response from BOR #3 contributors, who read their galleys with great speed and got back to me right away. I've never been a Managing Editor before, but I've done all of this stuff before, one way or another.

The other day I was thinking (yet again) about how much of my office work background I use in my life as an editor and administrator. It rivals the doctorate in terms of necessary education. I did have to get used to using a newfangled fax machine, though. I miss the old screechy sound.

Here's a little galley peek. Did I mention that everything is going to be different this time around? Except, of course, the awesomeness, which will always be there.

1 comment:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Of the remnant snow, I say, set it all ablaze and clear the way for spring.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...