07 June 2010

A universe.

Earlier today I was thinking I would post something about how I'm getting caught up. However, when you have two offices, one of them is always filling with new tasks while you're away. This seems to be the case for me.

I am glad that my teaching obligations will be over in two weeks. This is my third poetry workshop in two semesters, and I'm beginning to feel like an annotation robot.

Today I was walking through the library (home of office #2) and scanning the books on the shelves (I couldn't prevent myself from doing that if I tried) and thinking about how reading is kind of like breathing.

And then I wondered what it would be like if reading wasn't like breathing (i.e. wasn't happening all of the time, wasn't keeping you alive, and so on).

So that's my deepness for today.

I'm going to go annotate some poems. Not sure if I will inhale, or not.

1 comment:

Lyle Daggett said...

Annotation Robot.

That would be a great graphic novel series.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...