17 February 2012

Friday as a verb.

I almost named this post "the stacks" in the hope that writing a blog post about stacks of work/paper on a desk would somehow clear off those stacks of work/paper. But instead I'll organize them. I will Friday them.

It's sunny, and the snow has melted. I did not sent the kids with snow pants today. Snow pants! I totally hated those things, even though they enabled me to spend hours sitting in snowbanks.

I haven't written a ton this week, but that's okay. It's getting busy. This weekend is dedicated to my AWP paper and NEA grant. I don't know why I always have to print out the NEA guidelines and put them in a folder. It obviously hasn't had a helpful effect in the past. Maybe this time will be different.

I am feeling kind of funny about going back to Chicago. This will be only my second trip back since I moved away in 2005. The other, of course, was for AWP 2009. It's different now, since I just finished a book about Chicago, and am knee-deep in another one.

Happy Friday, Fridayers.


1 comment:

nomadwayoflife said...

That's a good verb.. worthy of a submission to Wikipedia

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...