10 February 2012

A Sunny Place with Adequate Water

A while back I started thinking about coin-operated machinery, and that made me nostalgic for payphones and laundromats. So I wrote a book and named it A Sunny Place with Adequate Water. It's about disappearing childhood neighborhoods, the desire to recreate things in order to understand them, and the feeling of a pocket filled with quarters.

I am excited to tell you that today this book was accepted for publication by Black Lawrence Press today, home of Saint Monica and O Holy Insurgency, which is forthcoming this September. A Sunny Place with Adequate Water will be out in May of 2014. By then, vending machines might be obsolete. All the better.

I want to thank all of my friends and poetry readers for taking an interest in these poems, and for letting me be my (wacky) self. Here are a few poems from the book, published in Diode a while back.

Looking forward to the work day ending so I can celebrate.

5 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Wahoo! Happy news!

Karen J. Weyant said...

Yay! Great News! You are a poetry queen!

marybid said...

Thanks, y'all! <3

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

marybid said...

Thank you!

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...