10 February 2012

A Sunny Place with Adequate Water

A while back I started thinking about coin-operated machinery, and that made me nostalgic for payphones and laundromats. So I wrote a book and named it A Sunny Place with Adequate Water. It's about disappearing childhood neighborhoods, the desire to recreate things in order to understand them, and the feeling of a pocket filled with quarters.

I am excited to tell you that today this book was accepted for publication by Black Lawrence Press today, home of Saint Monica and O Holy Insurgency, which is forthcoming this September. A Sunny Place with Adequate Water will be out in May of 2014. By then, vending machines might be obsolete. All the better.

I want to thank all of my friends and poetry readers for taking an interest in these poems, and for letting me be my (wacky) self. Here are a few poems from the book, published in Diode a while back.

Looking forward to the work day ending so I can celebrate.

5 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Wahoo! Happy news!

Karen J. Weyant said...

Yay! Great News! You are a poetry queen!

marybid said...

Thanks, y'all! <3

Starfire said...

Congratulations!

marybid said...

Thank you!