08 May 2012

Finishlining


I'm so close to being done for a few weeks, and that makes me happy. Over the weekend I launched stage one of the big closet purge that must be done by early June (per self-imposed deadline). I hate getting rid of old clothes because they make me feel sentimental, even if they're a pair of 4T sweatpants with permanent grass stains on the knees. But I like paring down and cutting back, and based on my very slow grading, I also like things divided into small bundles.

I was super thrilled to find myself noted as the editor of one of the poetry presses publishing intriguing work, as mentioned on the Ploughshares blog. I will soon hunker down with a bevy of manuscripts and begin reading for the Akron Poetry Prize. Before then, however, closets and loose ends aplenty.

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...