27 February 2013

AWP 2013 Dance Card


Dear Friends,

I have just returned from the supremely awesome Prairie Gate Literary Festival in Minnesota, and it's already time to begin planning for AWP Boston next week. I'll be doing three offsite readings, and spending every morning at work in the bookfair. Please stop by and say hello! 

Exhibit Hall Escapades
I'll be selling copies of Barn Owl Review issue 6 (and handing out contributor copies), and peddling the many fine titles of the Akron Series in Poetry/Poetics (including the newest by Seth Abramson, Thievery, and The Poet Resigns: Poetry in a Difficult World by Robert Archambeau) every day from 8:30-1:30 at table H1. Please note that our assignment basically makes us TABLE HI. So come say hi. We will be giving away the snazzy postcard booklets pictured above for Poem in your Pocket day, on behalf of the University of Akron Press. Oh, and we will have some attractive bundle discounts for poetry and poetics books. 

The Traveling Insurgency

I am going to load my suitcase (and Eric's) with copies of O Holy Insurgency, my brand new poetry collection. I will also have change, if you'd like to get a copy of the book at table HI (see above), at any of the events listed below, in the elevator, in the hotel bar, the bookfair restroom, on the street, etc. In honor of my shite mathematical/change making skills, and the general spirit of AWP joy, I'll be selling OHI for the reduced price of $10.

Readings Galore!

Many, many thanks to the journals/publishers below for inviting me to read during this AWP. I'll be reading poems from OHI, as well as new work, including a Risk Management Memo or two (or five).

Thursday, March 7, 2013
Happy Hour Reading for Steel Toe Books
2-4 pm
Dillon's, Boston 

Thursday, March 7, 2013
iO: A Journal of New American Poetry, Interrupture, and Jellyfish
AWP Poetry Reading

6:30 pm
Sweetwater Tavern, Boston 

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Country Dog Poets: A Reading
5-7 pm
Dillon's, Boston 

Thanks so much to the folks who have already purchased a signed copy of OHI through Paypal (link here). All proceeds from my Paypal sales go to supporting the artists of Etsy (i.e. this is the one time I don't turn royalties into groceries).


If you have made it this far in said lengthy tome, thank you. Rumor has it I'll be on Verse Daily this week. Yay!

Warmest wishes,

Mary Bee

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

I definitely have my eye on those booklets!

Also, I know have an image of you at AWP wearing a bee costume. Please do! You have to fly between so many venues! Plus, you know,

To make a prairie it take a clover and one bee,
One clover, and a bee,
And revery.
The revery alone will do,
If bees are few. (Emily Dickinson)

marybid said...

HA! Maybe I'll have to rock the bee suit for Halloween.

:)

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...