26 November 2005

C is for cozy.

Can it get cozier than this? Eight+ fantastic hours of sleep with 3-4 cats curling up in the bed, and then teaching my MFA poetry class here in my living room, in front of the roaring fire, with a good fruit salad and medium hot salsa? Maybe it's the several inches of snow and polar temps messing with my brain, but I am all about the cozy. I'm surprised I wasn't up all night thinking about this in my stocking.

On a less comfy note, after finally coming to terms with the fact that there's no Target photo studio in Akron, my folks (visiting from Chicago) and I schlepped Gabi out to WalMart for Christmas pictures yesterday morning. Lord help me. There were technical difficulties aplenty, culminating with the fact that I had to go back later in the day to view and order the pics. Gabi was an absolute angel. I was quite nonplussed by having to go to WalMart twice in one day, and on black Friday, at that. I hope the pictures don't disappoint. I am feeling immensely guilty for shopping there, as I usually don't, due to their labor practices. Shame on me. That's what I get.

Back downstairs to the fire I go. Fireplace, that is. Not hell.

2 comments:

marybid said...

BTW, that's Gabi's wee hand opening the Babar suitcase, not mine. Mine are bigger. Whoopsh!

Unknown said...

Do you have a sears? They have a pretty good photo studio- all online, which is great.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...