02 November 2005

This is just to say

Thank you so much, Cafe Momus, for the best sandwich I've had since...well, the last time I went to Cafe Momus.

It was a turkey reuben on a pretzel roll, and when I only had an inch of sandwich left I actually felt sad. I even ate the potato chips intermittently so that I could spend more quality time on the sandwich. I don't even like sandwiches that much.

One of the many, many reasons why I love Akron and plan to live here forever and ever. (For ever-ever? For ever ever.)

Anyone else had a good sandwich lately?

5 comments:

Strong Enough said...

That sounds just delious! It's hard to find a GREAT sandwich.

Byf said...

No good sandwiches lately, but I was recently telling a friend about the best sandwich in history: the tempeh reuben at French Meadow Bakery in south Minneapolis. Yum, yum, yum.

Also the grilled cheese on nine-grain wheat with swiss cheese, fresh spinach and honey-mustard dressing at The Grit in Athens, Ga.

See, I travel far and wide for sandwiches.

Justin Evans said...

When I was in the army and stationed at Ft. Hood, I would go to Robin Hood Sandwich shop. It was a themed Restaurant where everything was Robin Hood themed. I would get the biggest sandwich (the Sherwood Forest) and pay extra to have the people double the meat and double the cheese. Just a wonderful sandwich, no matter how you, er, um, sliced it.

Let me know if you want to know how to find the best Double-Bacon Cheeseburger in Utah.

Penultimatina said...

I remember this veggie sandwich I always used to get at a soup place near campus in Ann Arbor. Essentially it was a carrot sandwich. But it was soooo good!

I also had a broccoli pizza in Ann Arbor, and it was awesome (after a night of slaving away as barista).

P. J. said...

The Big Wooooooster!

Obviously I haven't had one of those in a while, but I did have a fine roast beef and cheddar with red onion and dijon mustard on plain white bread which was not so bad. Buddy got some.