01 August 2006

Don't let the heat fool you.

Hello, August. Somewhere between frantic laundry sessions, unwritten-syllabus-related panic attacks, questions from a four year old genius, and moonings over baby, our one year anniversary in Akron slipped by quietly.

It's hard to be in denial as I start entering upcoming events into my Outlook calendar. This fall I'm doing two talks at BGSU: a lecture on the academic job market in September, and a Winter Wheat session on food writing. Yes, I will be bringing food (to the latter).

I'm also in a tizzy because our NEOMFA proposal was accepted for AWP 07, proving that spending eight hours writing and picking at a proposal isn't completely ridiculous, just slightly. I vow to put the MOD in Event Moderator.

No poetry readings on the schedule yet. Am I turning into an...academic?

4 comments:

Gary L. McDowell said...

I'm really looking forward to your talks at BGSU. Will be nice to meet you. :)

marybid said...

Likewise, Gary! I can't wait to take my trips west this fall...

Suzanne said...

Congrats on the panel! I don't know how you do it, but damn girl, I'm impressed with all that you do get done.

marybid said...

Thank you so much, Suzanne. Let's just say that caffeine is a very good friend (that I am not able to get enough of these days). :)

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...