15 May 2007

Getting there

Why do I love these desk orgies so much? Maybe for the same reason I love the way floor wax smells. It reminds me of back-to-school, which was always my favorite time of year. Aren't kids supposed to look forward to summer instead? I guess that's why I went to college for eleven years straight and then started teaching at one full time.



This is what I was confronted with upon arriving at my family birthday party last night. Apparently the "other three" candle broke, so I got a 35. Oh, I was so amused by that. I just couldn't stop laughing. Ha. Very hilarious indeed.

My grading is now officially finished! I am tending to odds and ends today and tomorrow, then taking some much-needed time off. For all of the friends I owe email replies: prepare to be answered next week, and thank you for your patience.


5 comments:

marybid said...

PS--Angel food cake with chocolate frosting, allegedly baked by my daughter.

John Gallaher said...

Have some cake for me. And while you're at it, I tagged you (again, sorry) for five songs that knock your socks off.

marybid said...

More songs?

Let me think on that...

:)

Adam Deutsch said...

Wow. That cake would have been delicious after my CinCin-steak. It's like we're kickin' off a food week on the po' blogs...

Erin O'Brien said...

You are by no means unusual. Upon viewing the photo associated with the chair/desk orgy, I promptly removed my pants.

Pass the cake, please. I'm ravenous.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...