22 May 2007

Redoubling

Two poems accepted by Caffeine Destiny yesterday, including a Saint Monica poem. I am on cloud nine! Current Saint Monica poems underway, thanks to a reminder from my friend Jay, who told me it's time to write poems again:

Saint Monica at the Oaktree Suites
Saint Monica's Heavenly Matriculation

I'm hoping to have both in decent draft form by Friday.

John Gallaher apparently thinks that my last list of five songs is inadequate, and has demanded that I redo the assignment with the help of the Writing Lab. Or wait, maybe he just tagged me again. So here goes:

Five (more) songs that knock my socks off, in no particular order:

1. Soft as Snow (but Warm Inside)--My Bloody Valentine
2. Cars--Gary Numan
3. Southern Cross--Crosby, Stills & Nash
4. Devil's Pie--Rhymefest (thank you, Jessica)
5. Horror Head--Curve

I tag Frank and Schubert who are both MIA and much missed.

Finally, please enjoy the following clematis blossom, fresh from my garden. The first of the season.

5 comments:

John Gallaher said...

Whoops. But it's a good list.

marybid said...

Hee hee. Do I pass the test this time? ;)

Gary L. McDowell said...

Congrats on Caffeine Destiny. I have a poem up there now. They rock hard!!

John Gallaher said...

Ah, you passed it the first time! I'm just a little slow in, well, most things.

Frank said...

I'll zip over to my spot and answer. Apologies for the delay!

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...