Keith has tagged me to divulge eight things nobody has asked me to share. Here goes.
1. Anthologies annoy me. (Ha ha! See earlier post)
2. I usually wear only four earrings, but I could wear six if I wanted. (That is NOT supposed to sound cryptic and suggestive. I'm talking ears here, folks.)
3. I have not been back to Chicago after moving to Akron two years ago. After our recent trip to Ann Arbor with two kids, I doubt we'll be hitting the road again for quite a while (unless they invent a car seat that's also a soundproof straightjacket).
4. My head used to be 3/4 shaved and my hair used to be platinum blonde. Not my natural color. I went back to brown after it turned green thanks to the water in Bowling Green, Ohio. I should've known.
5. I went to school straight through from the first day of kindergarten to the last day of my Ph.D. I got a 4.0 throughout all seven years of grad school, and my last two years of undergrad. I am a dork and have the transcripts to prove it (as if further evidence was needed).
6. Kittens still look cute to me even though I have five cats. I do not own any dogs.
7. My favorite drink is Jack & Diet Coke with a twist of lime. Don't make fun of me! It's good.
8. I haven't gone to a movie or concert in years, and I don't plan to again any time in the future.
I tag Sara Tracey and Mona Lisi for this.
It's the first day of finals week and I already have that loopy off-my-routine feeling. Waiting for things to grade, and when those ...
The universe is telling me to go back to sleep today. This doesn't happen often, and I can't do it. But there's something abo...
I'm trying like heck to remember what last year's spring break was like. Has it gotten to that point? Where every year blurs in...
This book is not a book, it’s treatise on empire, a manifest destiny, a pack of wild peasants outside the gate, a mesmerizing tour ...