28 April 2008

What's left of the semester.

I had to pull over this morning and take a picture of what's left of the urban league building on Market. This is an accurate metaphor for this week in the semester. I'm going to have a ton of stuff to grade very soon, but it's not nearly as bad as in the fall, when I teach lit too. Both of my classes this semester are making poetry chapbooks as their final projects. I always like seeing what they come up with. Once a student made a wood cover for her book, and baked the pages in the oven to make them all burned. That was awesome.

My guilty pleasure: throwing all of the papers and poems aside and reading Dear Mr. Rove: 32 Letters to Karl Rove. It will surely help you keep your sanity during the last week of the semester, or finals week, or whenever. Congrats, Justin!

The weather was great this weekend. Today it's cold and rainy: a perfect last Monday of the semester. Yesterday we let Rubi sprint around the yard sans leash, and that was really cool. She is pretty darn obedient. Must be the terrier, not the beagle. My dog would've been in Pennsylvania within ten minutes.

5 comments:

Jay Robinson said...

All of my guilty pleasures have been taken over by Sir Robert Worthington, Ph.D., Master of the Universe, Notre Dame, 2000.

marybid said...

Sir Robert, I look forward to using your appreciation as my preface.

P. J. said...

It's a pretty confused dog that would run towards Pennsylvania.

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Our neighbor's new beagle puppy is very mischievous. It just runs around the yard finding things to get into. It also likes to put its paws on my face and bite my goatee when I hold it.

Frank (the Colt) said...

That picture shows how I feel this week.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...