03 July 2008

Feels like Friday.

You are never going to believe this, but it is RAINING here today. How unusual! Wow. Look at the river action above.

Had lunch with my dear Amy today up in Cleveland, at #1 Pho. What a treat!

Serious number crunching going on over here. Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I think that if a ms is truly powerful, it will find a home if sent to the right place. I wish I hadn't spent a ton of money sending my book to presses with a vastly different aesthetic from my own, on the off chance that it would have a shot. I look back at some of those places and have no idea what I was thinking.

Looks like we're headed toward a record number of submissions for the Akron Poetry Prize. Thus, no time to check out Imagination next week. Boo, but yay too.

Hoping it doesn't rain on tomorrow's 4th of July parade. We are looking forward to decorating the dog. Do you think I'm kidding?

3 comments:

Jay Robinson said...

No, I don't think you're kidding. However, I celebrate the 4th of July in reverse. I let the dog decorate me.....

Nin Andrews said...

I love that photo of Amy! And I agree with you about manuscript placement. ( But I hate the process. All the hopes going into the mail.)

Can't wait to see the dog in costume.

Valerie Loveland said...

I use the same "initial on the hand" method--it's the only way I can be sure I don't forget to do something.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...