15 December 2008

Vital stats.

A meme from Deb. Much more fun than grading, right?

Age when I decided I wanted to be a writer: 7
Age when I wrote my first short story: 10
Age when I first got my hands on a good word processor: 18--Smith Corona, baby!
Age when I first submitted a short story to a magazine: 15
Rejections prior to first short story sale: Numerous
Age when I sold my first short story: 29, I think.
Approximate number of short stories sold: 2
Age when I first sold a poem: 20
Poems sold: Probably about 70, plus the book
Year I first published a book: 2007
Books published or delivered and in the pipeline: 1 published, one making the rounds.
Number of titles in print: 1
Age now: The edge of seventeen.

I tag Vince, Nin, and Stephanie.

2 comments:

John Gallaher said...

Thank you for not tagging me. I'd hate to have to be honest about how any manuscripts I have on my desk.

WV: haring

Byf said...

Would your first magazine submission have been to "Premiere"?