15 December 2008

Vital stats.

A meme from Deb. Much more fun than grading, right?

Age when I decided I wanted to be a writer: 7
Age when I wrote my first short story: 10
Age when I first got my hands on a good word processor: 18--Smith Corona, baby!
Age when I first submitted a short story to a magazine: 15
Rejections prior to first short story sale: Numerous
Age when I sold my first short story: 29, I think.
Approximate number of short stories sold: 2
Age when I first sold a poem: 20
Poems sold: Probably about 70, plus the book
Year I first published a book: 2007
Books published or delivered and in the pipeline: 1 published, one making the rounds.
Number of titles in print: 1
Age now: The edge of seventeen.

I tag Vince, Nin, and Stephanie.

2 comments:

John Gallaher said...

Thank you for not tagging me. I'd hate to have to be honest about how any manuscripts I have on my desk.

WV: haring

BBB said...

Would your first magazine submission have been to "Premiere"?

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...