25 May 2011

Saint Monica on the loose.

Yeah, so nothing's new here in Akron, OH. Nothing at all. Nope. I'm just busy reading manuscripts and getting ready for the Barn Owl Review reading period to open on 6/1, now using Submishmash. Doing a little yard work, having a few cookouts. Yep, that's it.

Oh, ha ha. I am very funny. The news is that Saint Monica is finally here. Hot off the press, and should be shipping very soon. And it looks great! I have such a hard time meeting and interacting with my own books because much of my business is spent proofing books, and so the prospect of my own work in print is a little terrifying.

Imagine my relief when the book arrived and looked spectacular. Technically Saint Monica is a chapbook, but it weighs in at 42 pages, so it's a bit more on the bookish side. Of course I am biased, but I think it would be nice for a creative writing or lit class, especially one interested in both lineated poems and prose poems.

If you'd like to get a copy, here's some info:

Directly from Black Lawrence Press, ships by June 1st.

From Amazon (to be "released" officially very soon, as it is now in print).

At Powells (on backorder, but that should be remedied soon).

If you're a journal interested in a review copy, you can contact Black Lawrence Press directly.

Okay, now back to the reading and paperwork and other miscellany. Thank you for considering Saint Monica as an addition to your summer reading list! I am so glad she is here.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations! Looks spectacular indeed, and a bit eerie splayed out as multiples!

Matthew Thorburn said...

Congratulations, Mary! I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

Matthew Thorburn said...

P.S. great cover!

nlya said...

Your blog looks awesome.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...