14 August 2011

The Week of the No Turning Back

There once was a week of no turning back. On the Sunday night before this week, everything seemed normal, except--what the hell?--it was a lot colder outside. And there were navy blue pants everywhere, some for a kid girl, and some for a small boy. (Note: there were no new clothes for other inhabitants of the household, though some wore exclusively fur, and others had no $ for new clothes, having purchased all those navy pants).

Anyway, so this is a limited edition post, because I won't be able to use the "Summer 2011" tag for much longer. Fall is almost here, and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it except get excited about football, sweaters, and stuffed peppers.

Tomorrow I will write my syllabus, which will be dramatically different from past years. I'm revamping. I'm using American Busboy by Matthew Guenette and I Was the Jukebox by Sandra Beasley. Okay, maybe it won't be DRAMATICALLY different, but it will be different. Due to the lack of childcare, I will have only tomorrow to get the thing done.

Tomatoes are in season. I've gotten some poems accepted by magazines. It's 8/14 and I have written 14 poems in month 8. And that is the Sunday night report from Akron, OH.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi, i want to say always stay +ve and progress in my best wishes with you..

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...