12 December 2011

Chainbreaker.

Around this time of year I tend to issue challenges such as:

I will write three new poems before the new year.

Will you write three new poems before the new year?

Ideally, I'll write more than three poems before the new year, but it's hard to know how exciting this break will or won't be.

I just wrote a new poem. I've been averaging one poem every 1.5 weeks. That is not very good, for me.

I sat down this afternoon to write one of the more unpleasant poems of this book. And then I ended up making it nice.

Stockholm Syndrome by Poem.

Whatever. I'll take it.

Fall 2011 semester is done. I'm finishing up rec letters and some editorial projects, and then it's all snowmen and snow ma'ams and popcorn and laziness. And BOR typesetting. And, hopefully, new poems.

3 comments:

Carol Willette Bachofner said...

Every year for the past 13 years I have written the final poem of the year on Dec 31st, and the first poem of the year on January 1. I have 26 now and will have 28 this New Year's Day. I think it is time for a chapbook, called End to End.

I accept your challenge and add this for you.

Carol Willette Bachofner said...

Every year for the past 13 years I have written the last poem of the year on Dec 31st and the first poem of the year on January 1st. I am nearly ready for the assemblage of my chapbook, End to End. I will have 28 poems on New Year's Day.

I challenge you to this task... I also accept your challenge!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate you on the volume of work you are turning out and finding time to blog away as well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...