20 December 2011

The end of the year as we know it.



A break is not a break if you have to keep waking up at 6 to get your kids off to school. Thus, my break will not truly break until tomorrow morning, when my kids hopefully make themselves breakfast and let me sleep in a little.

And then, the shopping...

I was feeling super disoriented, then looked at last year's archives and realized I felt this way last year, too. Note to MB of 2012: you will not get extra work done over winter break. No extra reading, editing, junk drawers, painting, edgy and comic novel written, etc. Don't even try.

I still don't know what day it is.

It hit me that AWP isn't super far away.

I need to write my panel paper!

I can't seem to read The Cat's Table at any time when I'm not semi-comatose, so my reading has slowed down like everything else. So far it's not making me break through the wall of tired.

Speaking of which, it's time to call it a night.

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...