21 March 2014

Inappropriate Sleepover + Spring Break Madness

Spring break, winter coat. 

One of the great joys of my job is watching graduate students go forth in the world and totally kick ass. But man, I am really going to miss Meg Johnson, who defended her MFA thesis today. Meg's first book of poems, Inappropriate Sleepover, is forthcoming any minute from The National Poetry Review Press, and it's now on Goodreads. Trust me, you are going to want to add this book to your summer reading list (however, you won't be able to wait until summer to read it--these poems will pull you right in).

My away message is up, and I am officially on Spring Break. I am taking a Spring Break. I gave my plants a lot of water, and best wishes for their brackets, and closed the door.

I'm going to write. I am going to write poems that are by me. I'm going to finish up a manuscript of poems. Olin Hall is just going to have to survive without me for a week. 

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...