13 September 2014

Cold snap, September edition.


We're chilly here in Akron, OH. The kitchen is getting painted, which is the last step before the project is done, and I have to unpack all those boxes I've been trying to forget about in the basement. But finished kitchen! Done project! Hooray. 

Speaking of basements, we had a tornado warning on Wednesday and everyone on campus had to seek shelter. I'd left minutes before the warning, and made it home safely with the kids to hunker down. No damage, thankfully. 

Fall 2014 semester is delightful so far. I love my classes. The students have such amazing comments regarding poems. Sometimes I feel like my job is to be an ambassador for poetry. I am so lucky. 

Turned in the final draft of Small Enterprise on 9/1, Now: on with the new.  

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...