19 December 2005

In both of my parallel universes, I'm freezing my ass off.

Sometimes I log into my old UIC email account (replete with spam these days) and pretend I'm sitting in my old, windowless, shared office, waiting for a ride home or steeling myself for a chilly walk to the train. I also read the Chicago Tribune online edition every day, to the extent that sometimes I get the weather report screwed up. Then I think about how I used to decorate our old casa for the holidays. Or when we'd have parties for the Chicago Women's Poetry Group at my old place. Sometimes I even pine for our old footed bathtub.

Apparently, I don't live there any more. But it sure is a comfort knowing that y'all are freezing just like we are here in Northeast Ohio.

4 comments:

Dana said...

LOL! Are you getting used to Ohio? I'll bet it's a big change from Chicago. How are you feeling these days?

Penultimatina said...

Dana, I'm feeling pretty good now that I've hit 14 wks. I am much bigger than with Gabi, but I've only gained 3 lbs, which is making me a bit overzealous with the eating these days. :)

Hope you're feeling great too!

Dana said...

ROFL! I can SO relate. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better though. Yay! You've hit the wonderful 2nd trimester. : )

I'm feeling pretty good considering I'm as big as a house and am ready for this kid to come out already. LOL

If I don't talk to you before then. have a wonderful Christmas sis!!

Hugs,

shyloh said...

Well it is very cold here as you know. I happen to be from Chicago and already sick of the snow.

I hope you enjoy Ohio.