03 April 2007

Dusty wings

Ack--have I really not posted since March? That's no way to kick off National Poetry Month. Why do I always mistype it National Poetry MOTH? I suppose that's better than National Poetry MOUTH, right?

It's also thesis defense season, which is why I haven't been around much. As a grad student I thought that my various defenses were a total freaking blast, so it's hard understanding why folks would be nervous. It's fun! Probably more fun once you're on the faculty side, however.

Last night I went out to dinner with a job candidate and some other folks, and that's much more fun when you're not in the spotlight, too.

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...