04 October 2007

Welcome, Jeannine!

Jeannine Hall Gailey will read from her recent book Becoming the Villainess on Thursday October 4, 2007, 5:00 pm at The University of Akron Martin Center.

Gailey is a writer and consultant who writes about web technology as well as food, travel, robotics, and poetry (Check out her poetry web site). Her poems have appeared in Columbia Poetry Review, Eleventh Muse, Rattle and Pebble Lake Review and have been featured on The Writer's Almanac and on Verse Daily. She has a B.S. and an M.A. from the University of Cincinnati, and an MFA from Pacific University.


Local folks, I hope to see you there! A Q&A, book signing, and buffet dinner will follow the reading.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

Thanks Mary! I had a great time and I think Glenn got at least one good pic at the reading :) I'll send it to you when we get back to the folks' house and get our camera-cable thingy.
Akron is full of wonderful poetry folks, and I was happy to meet them all!

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...