14 November 2007

Spectaculario Redux

I'm getting tired of people asking me if I am crying in my office. I'm not. It's just the combination of many hours spent staring at the computer screen + contact lenses. Hence, I got myself some new glasses. My old glasses were almost ten years old and didn't work so well. These are really light. I wanted to get some just like the old pair, but the lady at the store wouldn't let me. So here you go. My new glasses on a pleasantly warm, yet damp, Akron morning. This is my "I am smart" face. I thought it would be appropriate.


8 comments:

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Great photo! Your glasses look like my glasses (and they are fabulous on you), though your smart face looks better than my smart face which just looks curious.

marybid said...

Thanks so much, Kelli!

My students LOVE your book, btw. I don't think there's a single student who didn't absolutely adore it, which is totally rare. We are all in awe!

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Oh, thanks for saying that! You have officially made my day.

Peter said...

Mary: The same thing happened to me. After about ten years, i couldn't wear contacts anymore because all they did was make my eyes water, or make me look like I was wincing in pain. So I switched to glasses, and have been quite happy (except when they fell off on a roller coaster the other day).

Best of luck: I love the new glasses.

Frank said...

Yet another great pic!

Nice glasses, too. The frames are the perfect color for your hair.

Unknown said...

I like to wear glasses.

Can I have your old frames?

cornshake said...

so cute and professor-y all at once. missed seeing you at Winter Wheat! :(

Steven D. Schroeder said...

I like the look. I wore contacts for about a month in high school, but they made my eyes constantly itchy and bloodshot and watery. Other than that, they were great.

Word verification: jnegsy

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...