04 April 2008

Real fuel for real poets.

Jay R. hooked me up with some worms this morning. It's going to be a long day, with three thesis defenses. But I'm hanging in there! It's a cloudy day today, but not cold, and the crocuses in my garden are blooming. I wish I could just sit on the couch (at home) and read (non-thesis) stuff today, but there's work to be done.

It would be nice if we had a sunny, warm weekend. Too many leaves in the yard, still. Major clean-up needed.

On a different note, many, many congrats to the following winners! Go give 'em a shout-out. My MFA poetry workshop is totally getting cookies this Wednesday.

The winners of the 2008 NEOMFA Academy of American Poets Prize
selected by final judge H.L. Hix of the University of Wyoming.

The two winners and winning poems ($50 prize to each) are:

Amy Bracken Sparks (KSU): “After Dancing at Swanky’s We Drive to Tennessee”
Dawson Steeber (UA): “In the exercise yard…”

In addition, two honorable mentions were chosen:

Lindsay Bennett (KSU): “Prayer”
Jason Venner (UA): “Another Version”

3 comments:

Jay Robinson said...

It's supposed to be sunny and in the 60's late this weekend, according to the weather forecast.

PS--How many of those gummy worms are left?

Steven D. Schroeder said...

You know I like this picture...

Amy said...

Thanks for the shout-out Mary. I would have quit without your encouragement.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...