07 April 2008

The office.


Yes, I'm officially dorking out about my new editorial duties. But it occurred to me over the weekend that I've waited my entire life (so far) for this, and damn it, I am excited! I can't wait to

a) Continue the strong tradition of the Akron Series in Poetry.

b) Take the series in new directions, both aesthetically and in the visibility of the series.

Elton left me a bunch of hooks on the walls, so I'm going to hang things up. I have a window, so I'm bringing plants, too. And, of course, many ms piles. Windex wipes. Gummi worms, maybe. Parmesan goldfish and diet coke.

It's sunny here, and just about everything is looking up. Here's where we were last year. Keeping fingers crossed that it's all behind us.

7 comments:

Frank (the Colt) said...

wow that's great about the new office and the cult and everything.

Adam Deutsch said...

That's a nice piece of door you've got there.

Jay Robinson said...

What color will you paint your new walls?

P. J. said...

A nice choice of fonts.

Brandi said...

dammit, girl, you just keep getting more and more official... I can't even say we're professionals now, aren't we, because you're been kicking ass all over the place for years now...

anyway, so proud of you, and happy to hear that you're recognizing it and enjoying it!

Anne Haines said...

But do you get to wear a tiara?

They should give you a tiara!

Karen J. Weyant said...

I agree with Anne --- where is your tiara?

Congrats! And Best of Luck!

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...