04 May 2011

___ is for ________.

Raymond is unusually excited about Mother's Day this year, and I have no idea why. Maybe because I've been so busy with grading and administrative meetings and visiting writers, or maybe they're making crafts for moms at preschool, but whatever the reason, he's talking about it constantly. Tonight he asked, Mama, can we pray that Mother's Day gets here quickly?

I hope he's not incredibly disappointed. Somehow I think he isn't going to be, though.

May is here, and classes are over (I don't want them to be over!), and (figurative) little birds are leaving the nest, but new birds are arriving. Being a professor is really weird because you are always there, in pretty much the same office, but the students change and then change even more. And then you write a blog post about it. And another. And another.

So it looks like I won't be teaching a summer class after all, as enrollment is back down. I am thinking about making a separate blog about having a lean summer and putting the creativity to alternate use.

In the meantime, I'm making slow progress on the to-do list, and watching Ray count down to Mother's Day. Today he made me two versions of the same picture: one on a standard piece of paper he took from my printer, and one on a smaller piece of paper. To be PORTABLE. Wow...

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...