27 July 2011

Sacrifice to the god of household machinery.

I'm not sure exactly what I've done to anger the god of household machinery, but it's time for me to sacrifice something and make amends. Maybe I don't cook with enough garlic. Maybe those ants I've been battling are somehow in cahoots with the household machinery, and the broken garage door, AC system, and dryer (all in rapid succession) are payback. Whatever it is, I need to do something. Would sage help? Some kind of spell?

I haven't written anything but essays and blurbs this week, but I will write a poem. It's just not going to happen this afternoon.

If the sacrifice doesn't work, maybe a machine voodoo doll. I wonder if there's such thing as a poem voodoo doll. I wonder if that's why I haven't written so much lately.

4 comments:

SL Heitz said...

Wow, poem voodoo doll! That's just begging to be written.

marybid said...

Pin not pen?

Amanda Kline said...

I used to write a lot of poems when I was in high school. The one English teacher reported me to the Guidance Department for a mental evaluation. After them thinking that I was mildly depressed, I proudly stated: "Well aren't all artist are to some degree?" They did not see this funny.

Anyway, after emotionally moving my teachers & counselor - I actually thought pretty high of my work. Funny, I was gaining self esteem from an activity that others perceived as losing it. So I went to college and my first ELA professor said that I was trite and predictable. I wasn't even a Lit Major - actually a Music Education Major. I just liked writing for fun. Well, there goes my esteem and the joy in this hobby.
It has taken me a long time to write anything. This past winter I wrote approximately 3 poems for a contest that my good friend 'bet' me into.
I'm now into writing about my life and the journey of humanitarianism that I did for this past year.
Please visit me at:
http://5penniesaday.blogspot.com/

What have you done for someone today?

Sweet Pink Pill said...

sacrafice two Oscar mayer franks, hop on one leg seven times, then pure some drain-o down the kitchen sink, this always appeases the household machinery Gods. Just kidding - love you're blog though.

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...