01 November 2011

Artifacting.

November is here! I'm so glad, but not sure why. I have been cold almost every day. Like, waking up in the middle of the night cold, and wearing two sweaters cold. Otherwise healthy and functional, however. Maybe it's the new freezeicism. I don't know.

This evening John Gallaher and G.C. Waldrep read at UA. I'm excited to hear them. It's always fun welcoming writers to Akron.

I printed out our November calendar and it looks deliciously empty. I am counting down to winter break and planning a few home improvement projects, like painting, which is way overdue. I may even replace the mead hall chic hardware on the kitchen cabinets, if I am ambitious enough.

The only other news is that I fear I have become addicted to sending poems out. I've been doing it almost every day. I took special joy in sending out a number of print submissions. The downside to all this is that I haven't been writing much.

As in the past, I have found a bunch of poems that I forgot about after writing. Some of those are getting slapped around a bit and then put into envelopes and mailed away.

1 comment:

That gentleman's lady said...

November :) It's getting cold here too!

Deliciously empty calendar will get full soon. Especially since Christmas is right around the corner.

Keep sending out poems and writing :)

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...